Railroad bridges are facing increased service loads due to heavier locomotives and rolling stock, and a live load test can help determine if safe stress levels are being exceeded.
- Accurate load ratings for Cooper design vehicles
- Evaluate shortline bridges for heavier locomotives
- Evaluate heat-shortening operations for eyebars
- Measure track and guide-rail forces
- Quantify live load stress envelopes for fatigue studies
BDI can also install long-term monitoring systems to help track changes over weeks, months, or years.